Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friendly Bonding on a Not-So-Friendly Weather

What a weather we had here yesterday, it rained almost the whole day! At times like that I would have cozied on my bed the whole day but I didn't. After I got off from work I went to The Fort to meet with Janny, one of my closest friends in college. We haven't met for more than a year, and we rarely communicate. I found out just about a couple of weeks ago that she's been here for almost six months now and so I felt that I really need to meet her and catch up on things. We're both nocturnal workers so it was easy for us to meet up early on a Saturday morning. We had breakfast at a fast food near her workplace and we had quite a long chat. We catch up with each other's lives as well as our friends' and we were also nostalgic. We talked about the things that we did way back in college, the friends we made (as well as the enemies), and the "issues" we had. Oh, those issues are too many to mention, but for the record Shobe (or Janny) and I never had an issue it was always between us (me and Janny) and other (insecure) people in college! Hahaha!

Anyway, after breakfast we decided to watch a movie at Shang. So we braved the heavy rain and went to Shang. When we got there it was quite early, we waited outside for 10 minutes or so. Then when they have opened we went to see the movie schedules but unfortunately the earliest schedule of the movie we want to watch was 2:30PM but we couldn't wait that late because I still have work come night time and I really need to get some sleep first before going back to work. We decided to watch the movie at Mega, but before we went there we went to Zara because I saw a jacket and a dress that I like just a week ago, unluckily it was sold out! Huh! What a great start! First the movie sched, then the stuff that I really like is sold out. I can imagine how this day would turn to be.

When we got to Mega we checked the sched and glad there was a 1:15PM schedule, and that's the earliest we can get. Since it was still 12 we decided to grab some pizza and pistachio ice cream for lunch and we talked and talked and talked. Did I mention that we did a lot of talking? After that we finally watched the movie. And what we did after watching? We went home! We were both tired and sleepless the night before and I wasn't planning on going to work the following night without getting some sleep too. Though we were both sleepless, and the weather wasn't so friendly but we had a great six hours together. It was worth the time and effort. I won't trade it for a "good-day-sleep", I only slept for 4 hours and now I'm here at work.

Thank you Shobe, hope that wouldn't be the last but the start of our spending time together again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a super girl! Sana lang di ka nakatulog sa work mo! Hahaha! BTW, what did you watch ba? The title of the movie ba is same as the title of the OST? Hehehe

Kriann said...

Hey I know what you're thinking... We DIDN'T watch that movie. We watched No Reservations, because you already watch that movie without me. :( See you later! :)