Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Switchfoot Concert

Yesterday afternoon, I met up with Shein, her BF (bestfriend/boyfriend) Bonok and kuya Red at the Taft MRT station to watch the Switchfoot benefit concert in Cuneta astrodome. When we got at the venue the gates were still closed but there were already long lines of excited audience. We made our way to the end of the line, while we're there we were chatting and joking around. We were almost 30 minutes on that line when Shein heard some guy asked if it was the Php600 line, after hearing what the guy just asked she relayed what she heard to us and we were all bursting in laughter! We were at the wrong line! Hahahaha When we asked around we've gathered that the mosh pit (Php1400) entrance is on the other side of the astrodome. When we got there the line was über long. While the line was very slowly moving, we were not so bothered at all we just chat and laugh the long line away! And there was also a bonus because we had our chance for a photo op with Champ of Hale and we also saw Rica Peralejo, Anne Curtis and some print models and model-look-a-likes.

When we finally got inside, we waited again for about an hour! The concert was supposed to start at 7:30 but it actually started after an hour. My feet and legs were already hurting even before the show started, and most of us there were already annoyed with the hundred times repetition of their ads/presentation. When the lights were finally turned off the crowd was screaming and almost went mad! And alas the concert started! The front act was Salamin band, with Paolo Valenciano as the vocalist. I didn't really jam with the band, aside from the fact that I don't know their songs (shhhh) and I just want to reserve the littlest energy I had for the Switchfoot performance. After Salamin's act, of course it was Switchfoot's turn! And at that time the crowd didn't almost go mad, they were or should I say we were really mad!!! Oh, Switchfoot is just so good. I really love them. I can't remember exactly what I did but I know there were lots of singing, screaming, jumping and dancing involved. So there, can you see the picture? If not I'll just post it! Hahahaha



while waiting in line photo op with Champ of Halemosh pit, before the concert started


After the concert, we bee lined to the "freebies area", for every 2 mosh pit tickets you can have an autographed poster of Switchfoot and a shirt from IJM (International Justice Mission). Kuya Red and Bonok got the posters and Shein and I got the shirts (the shirts were ladies' size). After the concert we capped of the night with very sumptuous dinner at Gerry's grill in Blue Wave (Kuya Red's birthday treat). I got home past midnight.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to Araneta for the Be Bench night, kuya Red have a ticket for two and he asked me to come with him... Something to blog again!





No comments: