Friday, August 20, 2010

KristinAtilano in 30 Days - Day 19

Nicknames you have; why do you have them?


I have lots of nicknames! Not lots, lots, but I think I have at least 5.

Ann - what my family calls me

'ga - (from the Visayan word "pangga" means love) is what my mommy (my grandmother) calls me.

Tin - what most of my friends call me. For the most obvious reason, it's a shortened version of my name.

Tinox - the nickname I got from my college buddies, I don't know why they call me that.

Kriann - the nickname I made for myself as there are lots of Kristins (no matter the spelling difference but sounded the same) during my (I.T.) college years and it stuck till now.


KRISTINA - I'm kind of scared when my mom calls me this name, it only means one thing... I'm in big trouble!

Badids/Badiday - my father's family nicknamed me this, they said that when I was little I had very big/loud voice, I think until now I still do. Anyway, they said that I sounded like the late Inday Badiday. So the nickname.

Chelsea - what the people from my first job calls me, this was my American name. And it kinda stuck (also).

No comments: