Monday, November 11, 2013

Singletons

Day 11: Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

So, when this will ever end? This is the topic that I hate the most. No, don't get me wrong. I LOVE being single and all it's perks. I'm just not a fan of the stares people give you when they find out that you're single. It's like you have this really contagious disease that everyone will start talking about you. Or worst, you have this terminal illness that everyone will have pity on you. Yes, I'd rather have the first than the latter. I can take being avoided but being pitied on? I just can't. Now, I'm going to make a list of the pros and cons of being single.

Pros:
  1. You don't need your partner's permission if you want to go on a weekend trip with your girl friends.
  2. You don't have to explain yourself why you have to go on a trip alone.
  3. You can decide to just do nothing the entire weekend.
  4. No anniversaries, monthsaries,weeksaries and other -saries  to remember. And this also means you don't have to buy presents for your "someone".
  5. And you don't have to wear those "über cute" couples' shirts. (Barf bag please).
Cons:

    1. You get tired of eating dinner by yourself. Table for one please.
    2. You have no one to talk to when all of your friends are hanging out with their special someone. 
    3. You have no one to cuddle with but your oversized pillow.
    4. No anniversaries, no gifts.
    5. You're constant texter is your network provider.

No comments: